When loading a dishwasher, sometimes our goal is to fit as many items as possible. However, overcrowding or improper loading can actually reduce cleaning performance, leaving dishes dirty and time and energy wasted. So, what’s the best way to load silverware in a dishwasher, and how do you position dishes properly? We’ll discuss how to load an LG dishwasher with rack-by-rack loading tips that result in cleaner dishes.
Here’s How to Load an LG Dishwasher for Best Results
When a dishwasher isn’t properly loaded, water, detergent and air can’t reach every item. Consequently, dishes remain dirty with stuck-on food particles or spotted with detergent residue. Our guide details how to load an LG dishwasher with steps for using each rack properly. But, first, these pre-loading tips can pave the way to better results.
Before You Load Your Dishwasher
Knowing how to load an LG dishwasher properly begins before a single item is loaded. These pre-loading tips can optimize dishwasher function and even prevent damage and malfunctions:
- Dispose of any large food particles on dishware that can clog the filter or drain.
- Soak dishes with burnt-on food or sauces prior to loading the dishwasher.
- Make sure all items are dishwasher-safe to avoid damage during washing.
How to Load the Silverware Basket
An LG dishwasher silverware basket is removable. Simply pull up on the handle to remove the basket for easier loading. Here’s how to load a dishwasher silverware basket correctly:
- Avoid nesting by placing different items (forks, spoons, knives) next to each other.
- Only place one item in each slot to avoid overcrowding.
- Load sharp items, like knives, pointing down.
Upper Rack Loading Tips
The dishwasher’s upper rack can be raised or lowered to accommodate taller pots and baking sheets on the rack below. It was designed to safely hold small plates, bowls, cups, and glassware. These tips detail how to load the top rack of a dishwasher:
- Position cups, glasses and bowls upside down and at an angle for better access to water and detergent.
- When loading, make sure items don’t hang below the rack and block spray arms.
- Utilize stemware holders when securing wine glasses or fold them out of the way to fit taller glasses.
Loading the Lower Rack
The lower rack best accommodates dishes, servingware, and pots and pans. These LG dishwasher loading tips can best utilize the lower rack’s space and features:
- Position dishes facing inward for better access to spray arms.
- Place dishes in between the upright tines to avoid nesting and overcrowding.
- Fold tines downward to accommodate pots and pans, placing them upside down for better washing and draining.
- Insert larger dishes and serving trays around the perimeter of the rack to prevent interference with spray arms.
Common Dishwasher Loading Mistakes
Though we may think we’re saving time or improving dishwasher function, there are some common practices that do just the opposite. Here are some dishwasher loading mistakes to avoid for cleaner dishes:
- Pre-Rinsing: It’s not necessary to rinse dishes before loading them. Most detergents actually work better with a little grease and grime. Simply scrape off large food particles before loading each dish.
- Nesting: Make sure silverware isn’t nesting into each other when loading the silverware basket. Place different cutlery next to each other or alternate placing items upside down and right side up.
- Overloading: Cramming as many items as possible into dishwasher racks will only waste time and energy. Overloading blocks each item’s access to the spray arms as well as the air needed for proper drying. In the end, most items will likely require a second washing.
Knowing how to load an LG dishwasher can result in cleaner dishes and avoid malfunctions. If improper loading or another issue leaves you in need of a dishwasher repair service, call CD Appliance Repair for a fast and professional response!
The post How to Load an LG Dishwasher for Cleaner Dishes appeared first on CD Appliance Repair.